Home > Tips on Keeping Tiles Clean
Tips on Keeping Tiles Clean
Top tips on how to keep your tiles looking clean. These useful tips can be applied to the bathroom and kitchen tiles, as well as floor tiles throughout the home.
Ceramic tiles are a popular choice among homeowners, as they provide walls and floors with a durable and water and scratch resistant surface; however, there always comes a time when a good clean is in order. Below you will find our tips on how to keep your tiles clean whether its floor tiles or wall tiling.
- Damp mop floors with a mixture of ALL-PURPOSE CLEANER and warm water. Wring it to prevent any drips and apply to the floor using slow and even strokes;
- Spills on unglazed floors should be wiped up immediately before a stain occurs;
- Remove stubborn stains with HG TILE CLEANER, but please ensure you spot test any new products first.
- HG MARBLE STAIN COLOUR REMOVER;
- STONEBRITE NEUTRAL TERRAZZO CLEANER;
- CLOVER GEL CONTRACT;
- UBIK 2000 UNIVERSAL CLEANER CONCENTRATE;
- HG MARBLE BATHROOM CLEANER.
- Remove shoes before entering a room with tiled floors;
- Lay both an outdoor and indoor mat at the entrance to your home to prevent any dirt travelling into the house;
- Keep pets away from tiles as their claws can potentially scratch the flooring;
- Try to keep potential stain-causing substances away from tiles.
- Clean tiles using a mild DETERGENT and warm water, then rinse;
- Alternatively you can use a BATHROOM CLEANER or KITCHEN CLEANER;
- Do not use scouring powders and other abrasives when cleaning, as this can potentially scratch the surface;
- You may need to use specialised products if you come up against white coating or mildew; a useful guide you may wish to read is HOW TO CLEAN GROUT AND REMOVE MOULD;
- Remove the white coating using a commercial tile cleaner such as HG SHINE RESTORING CLEANER, and wipe off;
- On tough stains present on shower tiles, apply a LAUNDRY DETERGENT directly and leave for a couple of hours. Wipe away using a SPONGE.
- BREAKER CONCENTRATED CLEANER/DESCALER;
- CLOVER TRIGGER MIX BOX
- CREAM CLEANER;
- HG SUPER PROTECTOR;
- Mr. MUSCLE WASHROOM CLEANER.
- Be careful when cooking, to avoid spillages ruining your kitchen tiles;
- Clean the shower after you have finished;
- Wipe down surfaces after using the bathroom.
- Bleach is known to kill the seal of the tile and affect the grout;
- Avoid abrasive cleaners which can damage the tile’s glaze.